After your filler appointment, it is crucial to adhere to aftercare guidelines for optimal results. If you do not adhere to your instructions, you may experience issues like migration, lumps, bumps, or an uneven shape. You may notice bruising, swelling, inflammation, and tenderness for the first few days of your healing process.
- If you are using aspirin or any similar medication, be aware that these may increase the bruising and bleeding at the injection site. You may take Tylenol for discomfort.
- Until the initial swelling and redness have resolved, do not expose the treated area to intense heat (i.e., sunbathing or tanning bed) or extreme cold.
- Please avoid alcohol and exercise for 12 hours following the injection and be sure to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- You may gently apply the ice pack provided to you to the treated area for 10 minutes an hour for the first 3 hours following the injection. Apply lightly, do not use too much pressure.
- If taking Arnica, continue for two more days, applying Arnica cream every 2 hours to assist with healing and preventing potential bruising.
- Antihistamines such as Benadryl and Zyrtec daily to reduce swelling.
- Ditch the makeup for 24 hours and apply a soothing and hydrating cream.
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water!
- If you have lumps or bumps after a week, you may begin to massage them gently.
- If you are still having any issues after your 2 week healing time frame, please contact us or schedule a complimentary follow-up appointment here.
Please feel free to call our office at 210.544.6676 with any additional questions you may have. This healing process can seem scary and new, do not hesitate to reach out! We are here for you at Luxe.